Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cupcakes...Again!

Jerrica and I made cupcakes last night :) we were up to midnight having a blast. We put in the movie Julie and Julia, but ended up talking and making cupcakes instead! I did watch the movie just barely and it is really cute. It is one of those inspirational chick flicks...kind of like after watching Chocolat, Becoming Jane, or Last Chance Harvey. Maybe you guys have seen similar movies and understand what I'm talking about. By the way, I really like those movies I mentioned :)
Anyways...
these cupcakes are super duper cute. We made the little bees (yes that is what they are) with yellow jelly beans, wrapped with tootsie roll for the stripes and white spice drops for the wings. If you have been in the grocery store lately you may have seen the Family Circle magazine, these are the featured cupcakes on the cover. They aren't perfect but I believe we did a darn good job. Especially for these being my second batch of cupcakes I have ever decorated :) We continued our creativeness by adding little sprinkles behind the bees as if it's their little "buzz" path, I guess you would call it. And the random flowers were made out of the other colors of spice drops.
Now that I have decorated ladybug cupcakes and now bee cupcakes, I only have orange, white, black, and green jelly beans left :) What to do next.......................
*added a thought to the side bar

3 comments:

The Stanworths said...

I love them!!! GOOD JOB!!!!

Tiffany said...

They are so stinkin cute. You did awesome.

Eve said...

The cupcakes are so cute!! And thanks for Grandma memory, totally love the memories! :)