Thursday, November 12, 2009

Anniversary Gift

Last night Lincoln surprised me with an early anniversary gift. I knew he was heading to Walmart before he came home and when he got home he had a little bag of stuff for me. I didn't think anything of it because he usually brings me a little somethin-somethin back.

I'm looking through the bag and pull out a pair of gloves...he knows my hands are always cold, sometimes he even makes me put gloves on before we cuddle ha ha, I think he does it to make fun of me...then I pulled out two dvds--if any of you know me well you know I love disney movies and the like--the dvds were Ice Age III and UP!...then at the bottom of the bag is a card? I wasn't sure what this was. He had come from Delta so I'm thinking maybe an anniversary card from his parents of grandma. Nope, It was a card from my loving husband! Wow he is so sweet!

He handwrote a little letter to me about how he couldn't wait four days to tell me that the last year of his life has been his best and he can't wait to grow old with me. Yes, that definitely was a tear jerker. He took the time to look through cards, reading a few to get just the right one! I have guys come into albertsons to get their wives a gift, usually on the holidays, and for a man to actually take the time to let their wives know how they feel is just amazing! (you all know what I'm saying :) I could tell this letter and gifts were from his heart and that he really took the time to figure out what exactly he wanted to tell me. Thanks so much Lincoln for being such an amazing husband! I definitely want to grow old with you!

Here is a sneak peak into my letter for my hubby...

I looked up on the internet the traditional gifts for the 1st anniversary and it said paper...which I'm assuming means letter/card. So I got this really cute card. Since we are to spend it in disneyland I went with the disney theme. It says, "Know what I love about you?...Simply EVERYTHING! Happy Anniversary". I bought it a few months ago while shopping with my mom. And he wants an xbox game that doesn't come out till next week so I will get that for him then. His gift is early...mine is late. Ha ha (for those who make cards...yes I didn't make my anniversary card. How dare I! but I just thought this one was so cute)

Thanks for reading this blog. I tried not to make it mushy but it is our life right now! :)

Happily in Love

2 comments:

Jamilyn said...

how fun! i saw your page on em's and i hope you don't mind me peekin at it. this is jami hathaway (anderton). if you wanna look at my blog too, send your email address to jamihat@gmail.com and i'll add you! it's nothin spectacular, but hey, it's fun. congrats on your anniversary! i'd love to take my hubby to disneyland someday, he's never been! i'm looking forward to when we can go!!

tiff said...

ahhh, how cute :) i love you guys!