Sunday, January 29, 2012

Handmade Nook Cover!

I'm going to start this post off by saying I am so proud of me! haha For most of you, you already know that g-ma was an amazing sewer along with many of my aunts. So when I saw this tutorial I really wanted to 'just do it'. I rarely ever sew and have never done a zipper before either. The tutorial http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-sew-nook-or-kindle-case-tutorial.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LittleBirdieSecrets+%28Little+Birdie+Secrets%29 seemed pretty simple though. If that link doesn't work then you can find it through my pinterest board "Nook" and if you don't have pinterest then you should leave your email in the comments to this post because it is amazing :)
This was my first time sewing a zipper and using stabilizer. Neat stuff! Here are a few pics I took after I was all finished!
I was really excited after I finished (like 5 minutes ago) and couldn't wait to share my accomplishments :) I bought some really cute teal buttons but sadly, I have never sewn on a button! That will be the next learning step.
ttfn

1 comment:

Eve said...

Good Job!! Zippers and I do NOT like each other at all.... So you did a terrific job with the zipper! Now you can make Ashlee one! :)