Monday, January 9, 2012

New Computer :)

I'm still working on getting rid of this cold! Drinking liquids and taking it easy. The last couple of days I have actually done my hair and put at least mascara on. I feel more alive if I look put-together :) I don't ever remember getting sick for a whole week! Okay so this probably sounds like complaining but seriously, I rarely get sick! I get frustrated because it really puts a damper on getting stuff done (like those dishes in the sink haha).

The real reason I wanted to post today is......I got a new laptop!!! Aaah and I love it :) Here's the specs: Asus model X53E with intel core i7, windows 7 premium, 4GB memory, 500GB HDD, 2-USB 2, 1-USB 3, 10-key, 15.6" screen, and other fun stuff like CDROM and such. This new laptop is much faster than my original Dell. Lincoln bought it for me from RC Willey. Thanks hun! He also picked himself up an iPad2, which he is really liking! So far I have set up my favorites bar, downloaded some anti-virus software (AVG), checked e-mail, blogged ;), installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010, updated my resume (now that I have an up-to-date Word program), browsed the web, and currently listening to pandora! I'm very pleased with it!

The job searching is still in progress :( So far I have looked on ksl.com/jobs, monster.com, and a few others. I have sent my resume in to 9 different jobs. Only two have responded that the position has been filled. No interviews....no responses....hope is dwindling.... :( I need to think positive but I really just wish I had a job. I'm going to go spruce up my cover letter and see where that gets me. Any tips and/or jobs you know about would be appreciated!

ttfn (;

1 comment:

Eve said...

Hit the pavement too. Take your resume and give it personally to the manager/supervisor/owner too. Can't hurt to contact them in person as well instead of just online....

Good luck.